Commonly Asked Questions Regarding Bio Pure R.O. Water Purification Systems
- How did Reverse Osmosis systems come about?
- R.O. was invented through research funded by the U.S. Government in the early 1950’s. Scientists at two U.S. universities worked independently on projects to desalinate sea water. The concept sprang from the observation/discovery of natural osmosis, which occurred in the 1700’s and was recorded by a French scientist. The modern scientists reasoned that if osmosis occurred in nature, there may be a way to “reverse” it. Thus was the beginning of Reverse Osmosis. This technology is now one the leading technologies to purify water around the world. It is used in the production of high quality bottled water; medical applications; micro chip manufacturing; purification of sea water and thousands of other applications.
- What is R.O. Water Purification and how does it differ from normal filtration?
- R.O. Purification is the most advanced water purification method in use. It uses R.O. membrane technology, which is never found in normal filters. The diameter of the aperture or pore (opening) of the R.O. membrane is an incredibly tiny 0.0001 microns (500,000 times smaller than the diameter of a single strand of our hair!). A R.O. system is very effective at removing virtually all contaminants found in water. This includes dissolved heavy metals, minute traces of pharmaceutical drugs, fluoride, nitrate, radioactive contaminants and so on. Normal filters are unable to remove any of these substances. Thus R.O. is considered the “B.A.T” (Best Available Technology) for nearly every application requiring high quality, pure water.
- What are the differences between a Bio Pure R.O. System and other Reverse Osmosis Systems?
- Bio Pure R.O. Systems are Point of Use (P.O.U.) drinking water purifiers. They are primarily used for homes, offices and small businesses. They are produced in an ISO certified factory, using state-of-the-art manufacturing technologies. In addition we have our own team of leading scientists, engineers and researchers from the U.S. A., Korea and Malaysia. Under their careful supervision, each Bio Pure system is manufactured and tested to world class standards. Very few companies have earned and can display the prestigious WQA S-300 Gold Seal! Other R.O. system manufacturers have been found using recycled plastic materials; cheap bituminous coal mined out of the ground which might be loaded with contaminants; some may be using fake certification logos, etc.
- What benefits can a Bio Pure R.O. System contribute to the human body by producing drinking water of the highest purity and quality?
- Every human on earth must drink water. The human body is 70% water! Bio Pure R.O. Systems can remove virtually all contaminants in our drinking water, including dissolved heavy metals, pesticides, radioactive substances, bacteria, germs, viruses and so on. Normal filters cannot! Water is what makes our body function – digestion of food; elimination of wastes and toxins; controlling our body temperature; carrying the electrical signals to our brain and so many other functions. If the water we consume is not pure, the contaminants hidden therein can inhibit or totally block many of these vital functions from occurring. This is not to mention the fact that 80% of all diseases on earth are caused by contaminated drinking water!
- What are the differences between Bio Pure R.O. Water Purification System and those claiming to be capable of eliminating up to 99.99% of bacteria?
- Very few filters can remove 99.99% of bacteria. Even if they can, smaller contaminants like filterable viruses, dissolved heavy metals and radioactive substances are not removed. In contrast, Bio Pure R.O. Water Purification System utilizes R.O. membrane with apertures of diameter in the range of 0.0001 micron, and hence is effective in removing those harmful contaminants as mentioned above. As such, it is advisable for consumers to consider the actual performance and certification of a drinking water system before deciding to make a purchase.
- Is the Bio Pure System capable of providing water for use on a wider scale?
- It provides not only pure drinking water but we can also use the “rinse” water for laundry purposes, cleaning floors, watering plants, bathing, and so on. The rinse water is considerably cleaner than the tap water and the chlorine has been removed! Such advantages will help us make full use of our water if we choose to do so.
- How does Bio Pure R.O. Water help us in detoxification?
- WATER IS LIFE! Water is the primary method of expelling toxins from the body, mainly through urine, feces and perspiration. The more pure the water, the more effective the detoxification. Those suffering from skin rashes, constipation, piles, diarrhea, digestive disorders and similar conditions are advised to drink 8 glasses of Bio Pure R.O. Water daily. A very few individuals may report slight vertigo reactions, most likely as the result of detoxification.
- Apart from serving the major purpose of domestic consumption, what are the other applications of Bio Pure R.O. Water?
- Bio Pure water can be used in batteries, steam irons, for reducing the unpleasant smell of meat when cleaning/rinsing ; it should be used for cooking, for cleaning vegetables, tea-making, cooking porridge, preparing soup, making coffee, cleaning stainless steel utensils, facial cleansing, getting rid of bad breath, detoxification after drinking liquor as well as for immersion purposes on problem skin. In other words, you can use Bio Pure water for just about any purpose and get better results!
- How long has Bio Pure Brand existed in the market?
- Bio Pure water purifier systems have been in the market for more than 24 years
How to Take Care of Your Bio Pure R.O. Water Purification System
- How often do the elements in our Bio Pure R.O. System need to be replaced?
- The replacement frequency varies, depending mainly upon the usage and the quality of incoming water supply. For that reason, we can only suggest according to the following guideline:
||Every 6 - 12 months
|Pre Carbon filter
||Every 6 - 12 months
||Every 18 - 36 months
|Post Carbon filter
||Every 18 - 36 months
After Sales Service and Warranty on the Bio Pure Water Purifier
- How long is the warranty period for the Bio Pure R.O. System?
- The warranty period depends upon the model purchased and is subject to the stated terms and conditions. For repair during warranty period, parts covered under warranty and labor will be waived.
- Where can I obtain service for my water purifier?
- Elken Service Sdn Bhd is the only authorized service provider to maintain your water purifier. You can find service centers and contacts listed on the water purifier.
- What are the services provided by Biopure Service Center?
- Apart from brought-in service to Biopure service center, on-site service is available for below services:
- – Installation
- – Preventive Maintenance
- – Repair
- – Dismantle
- – Contract
- What are the service charges?
- If the water purifier is out of warranty, charge for labor will be applied. Other charges are dismantle and re-installation service. For details, please call Bio Pure Water Purifier Service Center at 03-79859377.
- Do I have to pay for installation?
- A. Purchase of Bio Pure water purifier comes with one time free installation!
- Installation shall include:-
- T-Valve ;
- Up to 9M tubing and
- Free Labour Charge
- Installation criteria:
- Maximum distance of 3M from feed water inlet to Appliance;
- Feed water supply should be of normal water temperature;
- Minimum 10cm gap between from the wall to allow adequate ventilations prevent from overheating;
- Upright on a solid, level and stable surface;
- Not near stove or any other cooking appliances;
- Minimum inlet water pressure is 5psi (34.5 kPa).
Maximum inlet water pressure is 60psi (413.6 kPa).
A pressure regulator is required if water pressure exceeds 60psi.
Bio Pure Rental Plan by Elken Global Sdn Bhd
- What are the advantages of renting Bio Pure water purifier?
- ✓ No upfront equipment costs – we provide water purifier installation at no cost to our rental customers
✓ No charges for repairs – Bio Pure rental customers have the peace of mind of knowing they will not be charged for water purifier repairs
✓ No charge replacements – if your rental water purifier cannot be repaired, we’ll replace it at no charge!
✓ Convenient payment options – monthly pre-authorized payments (Credit or Debit Card)
- Who is eligible to apply this rental plan?
- Applicant must be at least 18 years old or above.
- What are the documents required to submit?
- Duly completed and legible Application Form;
- Photocopy of NRIC (Front Only) / Passport
- Photocopy of Credit/Debit Card (Front Only) (for verification) ;and
- Any other documents as requested
- How long will it take to process my application?
- Upon receipt of application form Biopure Financing & e-Payments Personnel will perform credit assessment and notify within 3 working days from the application date.
- How long will it take to install the Bio Pure RO Water Purifier?
- Upon Application approval, Biopure will make the necessary arrangements to perform standard installation of Water Purifier(s) within 4-10 days from the approval date, subject to Standard Installation Terms and Conditions.
Biopure authorized service provider shall perform Installation Service and Maintenance Service during normal operating hours:-
Monday to Friday : 9.30 am – 6.00 pm.
Saturday : 9.30 am – 1.00 pm
Installation Services perform beyond Operating Hours may subject to additional charges.
There shall be no Installation Services provided on Public Holidays.
- What are the payment options for my monthly rental?
- Auto Debit - Deduction via Customer’s credit card / debit card (Visa or Master only).
- For recurring payment by Debit Card we prefer using debit card with salary account credited. Please ensure it is activated for online purchase.
- I have changed my credit card recently. How do I update my credit card details for auto debit purpose?
- You may contact Biopure Service Financing & e-Payments at 012-3304023.
- May I transfer the Bio Pure Water Purifier to someone else?
- Bio Pure unit(s) and rental obligations may be transferred to a third party (“Transferee”) at any time during the term of this Agreement subject to Biopure’s prior written approval. All transfer related fee shall be borne by Transferee. The Applicant shall require the Transferee to enter into a Bio Pure Rental Plan with Biopure Remaining Term
- What is scheduled Maintenance Services?
- During term of the Agreement, Applicant shall allow Biopure authorized service provider to perform scheduled Maintenance Services. The Rental Plan Service Interval & Filter replacement as follows: